Sunday, December 11, 2016

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

                                                   
Today's card was created for the latest The Male Room challenge.  I started by layering some patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I love the rich, vintage, and masculine look of this paper pad. I inked around the outer edges of all of the patterned paper with some Tim Holtz distress ink in tea dye for a nice distressed and vintage look.  I then stamped the fun Stampabilities Merry Little Christmas stamp onto some plain white cardstock using Memento cocoa brown ink at the top of the stamp and some Gina K Designs asparagus ink at the bottom for a nice two-tone look. I die cut the image using a My Favorite Things pierced edge oval die and then went around the outer edges with some more distress ink. I popped the oval panel up off of the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and then added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in dark walnut to the corners and the oval panel for some additional texture and interest. I hope you like it!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous!! Love the pretty ornament and distressed background papers!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a GREAT Male card, love the paper and design. Thank you for linking with us at The Male Room Christmas challenge. Faith. DT

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this card. It has a very warm, vintage feel, but has a kind of CAS look too! Great guy card. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room challenge this month. Deborah, DT.