Thursday, August 9, 2018

Art Impressions Birthday

My card today was created for the latest The Paper Players theme challenge. To create my card I started by stamping the fun chicken image from the Art Impressions Bird Brains stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored it using my alcohol markers. I added some sparkle to the image using my Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen on her beak, legs, and the straw. I then cut the image out using a My Favorite Things pierced edge circle die and matted into onto a scalloped edge circle panel in Stampin' UP's real red cardstock that I cut using a Spellbinders die. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto more white cardstock and cut it down into a strip that I mounted on more red cardstock. I then layered a fun plaid patterned paper from the American Crafts Heartland Farm 6x6 paper pad onto a panel of the red cardstock and then adhered it to my white card base. I die cut a large fishtail banner using more of the same papers from the paper pad a die from Jillian Vance. The inside of the card reads, " They're both a pain in the rear! Happy Birthday anyway!" This stamp set cracks me up! If you like my card be sure to leave a comment. I appreciate them all. 


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the patterns and that chicken is a hoot! What a fun card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Celeste your chicken just cracks me up - what a hilarious sentiment! I keep chickens at home and we have a white chicken that I could just imagine coming out with something like this if she could talk; that expression is priceless! Love the gingham plaid background too. Thanks for sharing your fun creation with us over at The Paper Players this week!

ElizStewart said...

Celeste...adorable card! Love the chicken and the sentiment...but what is the punchline?! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Celeste Goff said...

Eliz Stewart, the punchline is at the bottom of my blog post...it's "They're both a pain in the rear! Have a happy birthday anyway!"