Saturday, March 6, 2021

Rawr-Send A Smile 4 Kids

 

Hello and happy Saturday! My card today was created for this month's Send A Smile 4 Kids challenge. Our challenge this month is to create a card for boys. I started by stamping the adorable images from the Neat & Tangled Prehistoric stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut the images leaving a small white border all around. I die cut a focal panel using more white cardstock and a pierced edge oval die from My Favorite Things. Using my Tim Holtz distress inks I ink blended a background and spritzed it with some water to create some fun texture. I matted that panel onto another larger oval I created with some early espresso cardstock from Stampin' UP and an oval die from Spellbinders. I popped the adorable boy and his dino up off of the panel using some 3M foam tape. I then created the background my layering some patterned paper from the Basic Grey Archaic 6x6 paper pad and some seafoam green cardstock from Hobby Lobby that I added some detail to using the Altenew Scales Debossing cover plate. I layered all of that onto more early espresso cardstock and then adhered it all to my white A2 card base to complete my card. Now be sure to pop over the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog to see what the rest of the designers created to inspire you this month!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So cute! He looks like little BamBam Rubble!

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Celeste! This is absolutely adorable! Your friend is right about this little guy looking like BamBam... and he couldn't be any cuter.