Saturday, July 3, 2021

A Very Merry Christmas-SAS4Kids

 

Hello, and welcome to the July Send A Smile 4 Kids card challenge! This month we are celebrating Christmas in July. The challenge is to create a Christmas card to give to a child. To create my card I started by stamping the adorable Santa image from Inkadinkado's Christmas Characters stamp set onto some 110lb white cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink. I did some simple coloring on the image using my alcohol markers and then die cut the image into a circle focal panel using a Gina Marie Designs double pierced edge circle die. I die cut a larger circle out of real red cardstock from Stampin' UP using a Spellbinders circle die and then layered the two panels together. I then embossed the background panel using a Provocraft 25 Days Of Christmas embossing folder and adhered it directly to my white A2 card. I cut down some panels from the My Mind's Eye Oh What Fun 6x6 paper pad, framed them out using more real red cardstock and adhered them directly to the card panel. I stamped the sentiment from the same Inkadinkado stamp set using Memento tuxedo black ink, cut it down into a small sentiment panel, and backed it against more real red cardstock. To finish the card off I popped both the sentiment and the focal panel up off the card using some 3M foam tape. I can't wait to see what everyone else on the design team came up with this month! Thank you for stopping by and have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So cute and sure to send big smiles!

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste, I know I've said it before, but there's a quality to your cardmaking that I just love. There's always a wonderful focal, as well as bright cheery colors and a crisp design. And, this little Santa is very merry indeed! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great Christmas make hun, love the embossing
Hugs Shell xx