Sunday, January 15, 2023

Between The Pages Of A Book-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb

 


Happy Sunday! This month Debra and I decided to use this lovely photo as our inspiration celebrating books and warm beverages. To create my card I started by layering some pretty patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market Street 6x6 paper pad onto some royal blue cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I rounded the outer corners on both the patterned paper and the cardstock before adhering them together and mounting directly to my ivory A2 card base. Using more of the patterned papers from the same paper pad I printed images from the Gracielle Designs Vintage Tea Cup-Stacked Books digital stamp set and paper pieced the images together. I fussy cut the entire peice out, edged it with my Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker and adhered the image directly onto the focal panel. I printed the sentiment from the same digital stamp set onto more patterned paper from the same paper pad, cut it down into a strip, bordered it with more royal blue cardstock, and adhered it below the focal image. To finish the card off I added some royal blue 4mm sequins from Pretty Pink Posh around the card. Love how big and beautiful these images are and think it would be fun to create a whole card set to give as a gift! 
I got a beautiful new stoneware set from my boyfriend this Christmas and thought I'd drink my coffee from one of the mugs this morning. Isn't the finish on this set just so pretty? 
Now be sure to head over to Deb's blog and see how she was inspired by this month's photo. 




3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card, Celeste and a pretty mug!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with that sentiment on your fabulous card, love the image too.
Faith x

Chris F said...

So elegant!! I love how the vibe of this matches your mug!