Sunday, March 6, 2016

Thinking Of You

I created this card for the latest Just Us Girls word week challenge. I bought the gorgeous Memory Box Sketch Rose Branch die off Blitsy about two months ago and simply forgot I had it until yesterday. So, you can imagine how excited I was when I saw the word challenge was flowers because it was the perfect excuse to crack the seal on the package and play with my new die! I had originally thought about coloring the die cut image with Copics and setting it against a white embossed background but changed my mind and decided to go with some simple watercoloring. I started with some Canson cold-pressed watercolor paper and stamped the sentiment from The Cat's Pajama's Simply Stacked Sentiments stamp set in Versafine onyx black ink and then heat embossed it using some clear embossing powder by Zing. I wet my watercolor paper with some clean water and then started dabbing on some distress ink in spun sugar and worn lipstick until I was happy with the color and coverage and then heat set it to dry. I die cut the floral image three times and layered it together using a Zig two-way glue pen. I die cut the watercolor panel using a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs, which helped flatten it out after watercoloring and heat drying. I popped the focal panel up using some 3M foam tape and mounted it onto a black panel cut slightly larger and then mounted them both to my white card base. I added the die cut floral image last using some more Zig glue and put a few acrylic blocks on it to help it adhere and dry. I love how pretty it turned out!


10 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Gorgeous! Love your back ground too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a beautiful die cut! Perfect with the water colored background -- Thanks for joining in with JUGS

Maria said...

What a great die makes for an amazing card! Great job thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Becca Cruger said...

Ah yes, the smell of a brand new craft supply - there's nothing like it! :) Love that beautiful washed background!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow oh wow. This is just dazzling. Love the colors and all the little finishing touches. You have a great eye for detail.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Nancy said...

I just love your watercolored background and card! Great job! That die is stunning! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

Lisa Elton said...

Your background is marvelous, this is so pretty Celeste!

Ina G said...

Fabulous background and die. Love the sentiment font. Thanks for joining us at Jjst Us Girls this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Celeste!

Cris G. said...

So pretty, Celeste! Love the fab white die cut with that beautiful watercolor behind, so feminine!