Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Alone

Today's card was created for the current Less Is More challenge. This week was a color challenge and the color was citrus. I don't really do a lot of green cards but I thought this color might be a fun one. I started by stamping the margarita glasses from the My Favorite Things Girls Night Out stamp set onto some white cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored them using Copic markers, fussy cut them, and edged them using a Memento dual tip marker in tuxedo black so they would have nice, clean edges. I took a Tim Holtz blending tool and brushed some Hero Arts neon green ink onto my card base. I cut a smaller panel and stenciled the same color ink using a Tim Holtz dotted stencil. Once that was dry I went around the edge of my panel drawing a free-hand dual scribbled line for some added interest. I popped my margarita glasses up off the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and then popped the entire focal panel up off of the card using some 3M foam tape. A few sequins in lime green from Pretty Pink Posh and this card is done. Sorry for the poor lighting...it's a pretty bleak day here in Southeast Missouri. 


9 comments:

Esther said...

I love this card. It's fun, and zingy! I really like the margarita glasses against that background. Fab!

Chrissie said...

Although there's not a lot a lot of white space, this is a super simple design and those drinks look very tempting!
YUM!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Great card, love your stencilled background and your doodled border. Karen x

Susan said...

Fun card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute, your background looks great!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Zinging with zesty lime and yumminess. Great design and use of your stash. Perhaps a little more white space for Less is More is needed but a superb take on the challenge and thanks for sharing. Sarah (LIM DT)

Sid said...

Gorgeous card with gorgeous colours !

Neets B said...

I'm loving your lime theme, those glasses are great and I now have a yearning for a nice cool cocktail!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

creationsnz said...

FABULOUS! Carol