Saturday, July 4, 2020

One In A Melon

Hello and Happy Independence Day! My card today was created for the latest Color Throwdown challenge. To create my card I started by laying some pretty plaid patterned paper from the Pink & Main Spring Fling 6x6 paper pad onto my A2 white card base at an angle. I then added a thin sliver of basic black cardstock from Stampin' UP at the edge to create some visual contrast. I stamped the watermelons from the Impression Obsession Watermelon Layering stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut them out and edged all around them with my Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker for a nice clean look. I stamped the sentiment from the IO stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink and popped the watermelon up off of the card using foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope everyone is having fun with family and staying safe this holiday weekend!

6 comments:

Ted said...

Love this card, Celeste! That plaid paper adds such balance! :) Great punny comment as well! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Darling summer card Celeste!

Broni said...

Love your card, Celeste! That plaid is just awesome with the melon! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful CAS design and am loving that plaid paired with the watermelon! So glad you were able to play along with us at CTD!

M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracey McNeely said...

Great way to use the colours and inspiration Celeste! So sweet!