Saturday, July 25, 2020

Welcome baby


Please Grab Our Badge!
Hello and happy Saturday! My card today was created for the latest The Sisterhood Of Crafters card challenge. To create my card I started by layering on some Tim Holtz distress inks in the colors salty ocean, faded jeans, and broken china onto a white card panel using a My Favorite Things Drifts and Hills border stencil. I spritzed some water onto the cardstock and blotted it off and then some light spatter using the same colors of distress inks. I trimmed the panel down using a Gina Marie Designs stitched border rectangle die. I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Baby stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink and then popped the panel up off of the card using some inexpensive fun foam I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I then stamped the whales from the Alley Way Stamps Something Fishy and Little Fellas stamp sets onto some Copic-friendly white cardstock and then colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut them out and went around the edges of each image using my Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker for a nice clean look. I popped them up onto the card using some foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives. To finish off my card I stamped a few of the bubbles from the Something Fishy stamp set. Thank you for stopping by today and stay cool and safe out there!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Celeste! Your background looks amazing!

Hetty said...

Such an adorable baby card, Celeste
Beautiful background and loving the whales.

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous ocean scene you have created! I'm not a big 'swim in the ocean' person (don't like the thoughts of all those critters swimming beneath me lol) but I have been whale watching and it is AMAZING to see! LOVE this card! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous design, love your Anything Ocean/Beachy theme and technique. Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge..good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges