Sunday, August 30, 2020

Seize The Cupcake

 



My card today was created for the latest Watercooler Wednesday card challenge. To create my card I started by die cutting a focal panel of kraft cardstock using a stitched scalloped edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I added white gel pen around the stitching lines for some added interest to make the panel pop against the white A2 card panel. I stamped the cupcake images from the Hero Arts Cupcakes stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut the images out and edged them all using my Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker to make them look clean and crisp. I popped them all up off of the focal panel using some foam squares and then added some Clear Wink of Stella to the frosting on all three cupcakes. To finish my card off I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and added some pretty sequins I picked up at my local Tuesday Morning. Love how fun and whimsical this card is!


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It's whimsical and delightful all rolled into one! I could go for a cupcake right about now ~ chocolate!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very yummy looking cupcakes. I love the white gel pen on the stitching.

Karen Brown said...

What a delicious card! I love the kraft background combined with the bright fun colors of the cupcakes. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Darnell said...

Delicious, Celeste! I love your coloring and the colors you used which are so pretty on kraft! The scalloped frame mimics the scallop of the frosting ~ excellent design feature! Hugs, Darnell