Sunday, February 28, 2021

Thinking Of You


Hello and happy Sunday! It's the last day of February and it's pouring here in Southeast Missouri. While it makes getting outside to play difficult it does allow me some time to stay in and get inky. Today's card was created for the latest Just Us Girls card challenge.
To create my card I started by smooshing some Tim Holtz distress inks onto one of my square acrylic blocks. I spritzed it with some water using my Mini Mister and then pressed the block directly onto my focal panel. I let the ink air dry and then stamped the trees from the Inkadinkado Trees stamp set onto the panel using Versafine onyx black ink. I stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Things Inspired By Flowers #4 stamp set using the same ink. I mounted the panel onto some basic black cardstock from Stampin' UP and adhered the whole thing to my A2 white card base. To finish it off I added some black self adhesive gems from Ki to the corners. I love cards that I can give to either a male or female recipient! Thank you for stopping by my blog. If you enjoyed my card be sure to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all! 

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful background you've given those trees! This is wonderful, Celeste!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! I love the effect you achieved by smooshing and spritzing the Distress Inks to create that awesome background. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the spritzed bg with the trees -- this is an awesome inspired card! Thanks for joining in JUGS