Sunday, February 18, 2024

You Make Me Happy


Today's card was created for the latest Color Throwdown card challenge. To create my card, I die cut a white card panel using a scalloped edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs and popped it up off my kraft A2 card base using some low-profile foam tape. I then die cut a kraft panel using a stitched rectangle die from My Favorite Things. I stamped the subtle background using Stampin' UP's crumb cake ink and Unity Stamp Company's Faithful Letter red rubber background stamp. I then stamped the poppies from Altenew's Painted Poppy stamp set directly onto the kraft panel. I stamped the Happy sentiment from the same stamp set directly onto the panel using Versafine onyx black ink. On separate white cardstock I stamped the leaf using Altenew's moss green ink and the poppy's in Gina K Designs red hot ink. I fussy cut the poppy's and the leaf out and popped them up off of the card using more foam tape. I stamped the additional sentiment onto black cardstock using Versamark clear ink and heat embossed it using Ranger's detail white embossing powder. I cut the sentiment down into little strips and adhered them around the word happy. To finish off my card I die cut a few butterflies in more black cardstock using Stampin' UP's Beautiful Wings embosslit. I adhered those around the card, and added some white gel pen details. I love how this turned out!





 

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love how this turned out too, especially the sentiment! Everything is so balanced. Pretty card, Celeste!

Maria Batan said...

Very pretty! Love the pop of orange on the subtle sentiment background.