Friday, July 8, 2016

Sugar Skull Happy Birthday

Today's card was created for the latest The Male Room challenge. The challenge is to make flowers masculine. I don't make a lot of masculine cards so this one really was a challenge for me, but I came up with the perfect stamp set for this. I used The Sweet Stamp Shop Dia De Los Muertos, which has the most awesome Sugar Skull included in the set as well as a beautiful rose. I figured the skull paired with the rose, if colored in masculine colors, would read as masculine. I also decided since I had my supplies out to create a feminine version of this card too because why not, right? I started by cutting a piece of Copic-friendly cardstock down to 1/4" smaller than my card base and coloring each of them in coordinating Copic colors to the card. I adhered that down to the card and then stamped the skulls and the rose all over the card to create something of a background pattern. I colored each of the panels in using Copic markers and added a few white dot details using my Uni-ball Signo white get pen. I stamped the banner from the same stamp set and the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Happy Everything stamp set and adhered those down to the card using 3M foam tape for added dimension and interest. I hope you like them!




4 comments:

Buffy said...

So cool, love both colours pallettes.
Hugs
Buffy xx

Jane said...

Perfect stamp set for this theme, fabulous cards. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Becca Cruger said...

The Day of the Dead has never looked prettier! :) Very neat cards!

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card with flowers you made :-))
Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room!
Hugs, Andreja