Sunday, January 21, 2024

Hello Sweet Friend

It's been entirely too cold here in Southeast Missouri to get out and do anything productive in single digit temps. So, I decided to make cards this afternoon. I created this card by die cutting a scalloped edge stitched rectangle panel using Gina Marie Designs dies and white cardstock. I layered a piece of light blue gingham from Echo Park's Spring Fling 6x6 paper pad that I die cut with a stitched rectangle die from MFT. I die cut some fish tail banners from solid pink cardstock from the same Echo Park collection using Unity Stamp's Scallops & Banners die set. I mounted them on plain white cardstock and cut them out leaving a small border. I stamped the sentiment and the adorable little bird from Technique Tuesday's Hello Chickadee stamp set on both banners. I stamped an extra bird onto plain white cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored it using my Copic markers. Using my Crop-a-dile, I punched some small holes at the top of the banners. I popped them up off of the card using 3M foam tape and ran some white baker's twine from Stampin' UP through the holes and adhered them directly behind the focal panel. To finish of this sweet card I added a bow with more of the white twine and a few blush sequins around the banners. I will be linking this up at the latest Color Throwdown card challenge. Thank you for stopping by my blog today!



 

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO CUTE!!! Thank you so much for popping by my blog and the kind words!!! Yay!! You made my crafty day!

-Kimberly

Vicky Hayes said...

just love this card Celeste! Your banners are a great feature and gingham and scalloped edges are always gorgeous together. My favourite bit though is that adorable little bird - so cute! Vicky x

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a fun, cute use of the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Look at his long legs! This is too cute, Celeste. Stay warm!