Sunday, February 4, 2018

Hop Hop Hop

I got up and ran 4 miles with some friends today and it's still quite chilly and windy here, so making springtime cards seems strange to me. But I love sending cards to kids in hospitals. It brightens my day thinking about one of them smiling when they get a handmade card. So, that being said today's card was created for the latest Send A Smile 4 Kids card challenge. This week the challenge is to create a card celebrating Easter. I just picked up the latest Stampendous Spring Short Stack stamp set at my local Hobby Lobby during a sale and knew it would be the perfect stamp set to create a sweet and simple spring card for the kids. I started by stamping the rabbits onto some Copic-friendly white cardstock, coloring with my alcohol markers, and then fussy cutting them out. I die cut another piece of white card stock using the stitched rectangle dies from Gina Marie Designs and then stamped the sentiment from the Alley Way Stamps Spring Has Sprung stamp set onto the panel. I hand drew and colored some grass onto the panel and the popped my adorable little bunny images up off of the panel using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I then cut down some patterned papers from the We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring 6x6 paper pad and adhered them to my card base. I finished the card off by adding some black dashed lines around the outer edge of the cardstock and some clear Wink of Stella to the bunnies outfits and ears. I hope you like my card and thank you for visiting today!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Hippity hoppity, Easter's on it's way!! Not soon enough for me, I'm sick of winter! CUTE card Celeste! You go girl on your 4 mile run. Don't think I could do that in the cold...maybe not the warm either LOL!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

They are just too cute!!! I love bunnies, and yours made my day!