Sunday, February 25, 2018

Thank You

Hello and thank you for popping over to my blog! Today's card was created for the latest AAA Cards challenge. I picked up the My Favorite Things Out On A Limb die and stamp set several months ago from a friend's destash but have never used it. As soon as I saw this challenge I knew I had to crack it out and use it. To create my card I started by layering a piece of early espresso cardstock from Stampin' UP onto my white card base that I die cut with a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I then die cut another smaller stitched edge rectangle using the same die set and some white cardstock from Staples. I die cut the tree base from the MFT set using the same brown cardstock as the larger rectangle base and glued it directly to the smaller focal panel. I die cut the leaves using patterned paper from the Authentique Remembrance 6x6 paper pad and glued those down to the panel. Using more patterned paper from the same paper pad I die cut the sentiment using a die that I picked up on sale at Blitsy. I glued that down to the card and called this one done. I don't think I've ever created a card that had no stamping on it at all but this turned out nicely. I will have to challenge myself to make more die only cards in the future. Thank you for stopping by today!


5 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

I love the patterned paper you used for the leaves and the thank you die font is gorgeous. great card. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

Lisa Elton said...

Love this patterned leave, this is so cute!

Jane said...

A whole card just using die cuts - that’s fabulous! Great choice of patterned paper too. Thanks for joining in with the current challenge at AAA Cards.

bharati nayudu said...

I agree with Jane. The whole card is made using just die cuts and that's truly fabulous!!! The dark lines on patterned paper seem to coordinate very well with dark tree. Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Cards Challenge. Hugs - Bharati

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the patterned paper for the leaves!