Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Happy Birthday-Words 2 Craft By

Hello and welcome to our March Words 2 Craft By word challenge. Our quote this month is Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower-John Harrigan. Since I always have a large need for birthday cards I thought I would use the "happy" theme and create a beautiful birthday card. To create my card I started by stamping the sentiment from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold, and The Happy stamp set directly onto my white A2 card base using Versafine onyx black ink for a nice crisp look. Then using a border die from Stamplorations I created a beautiful decorative edge with some textured black cardstock from Hobby Lobby and layered a piece of pretty plaid patterned paper from Authentique's Lovestruck 6x6 paper pad directly onto the card base. I then stamped the cluster of roses from the Waltzing Mouse Old Country Roses stamp set using some gorgeous Altenew inks. I fussy cut the roses out and popped them up off of the card using some foam dimentionals from Scrapbook Adhesives. To finish my card I added some large clear rhinestones from Recollections and rounded the bottom corners using my We R Memory Keepers corner chomper. I can't wait to see what fun and beautiful creations everyone else comes up with this month!


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those roses are so darn pretty! This is wonderful Celeste. I like the interest the bracket border die adds!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This card is just so... HAPPY! I love the design, your color choices, and that gorgeous sentiment.

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very gorgeous flower stamp! Very pretty card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so beautiful! I LOVE the roses and the sparkle in the center of them!

Jennifer said...

I love everything about your card, Celeste...the lucky recipient is sure to love it too!!

Jennifer. x