Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Thanks For The Perfect Day-W2CB August

Hello and happy Wednesday. I cannot believe we are already publishing the August Words 2 Craft By challenge! This year is flying by too quickly for me. This month's quote is "I don't know why, but the meals we have on picnics always taste so much nicer than the ones we have indoors."-from Five Go Off in a Caravan by Enid Blyton. I didn't really have any picnic related stamps or papers so I had to improvise. I started by layering a piece of blue patterned paper from the Authentique Delightful 6x6 paper pad onto my A2 white card base. I then stamped the grass, the tree, and the picnic basket from the Avocado Arts Perfectly Perfect Day stamp set onto some white cardstock using memento inks. I then stamped the adorable couple from the CC Designs Spring Couple stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored their hair, skin and shoes. I then stamped the same stamp set onto more patterned paper from the same paper pad and fussy cut them out. I edged the elements with my dual tipped Memento marker and adhered them directly onto the paper. I fussy but the image leaving a small white border around the edge. I stamped the kite from the same Avocado Arts stamp set onto some more patterned paper and popped it and the cute couple up off of the card using foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives. To finish my card off I added the sentiment from the Avocado Arts stamp set in the upper left corner and then added some "apples" onto the tree and the basket using my Nuvo Crystal Drops in rhubarb crumble. I can't wait to see what fun creations everyone else comes up with!


3 comments:

Darnell said...

It really is true that food eaten outdoors at picnics or camping tastes better! We always say that! What a fun quote and I love your take on it, Celeste! You apple tree, couple, and patterned kite are so sweet!! Hugs, Darnell

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste! Perfect is just the right word for this sweet card. I just love it!!! You always have the most creative interpretations of our W2CB quotes. :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, how cute! I love the paper piecing. This is a darling card Celeste!