Sunday, August 25, 2019

First I Drink The Coffee-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb

Hello and welcome to the August Coffee and Cards with Celeste and Deb collaboration. This month Deb and I decided to do a sketch challenge. I love sketches, especially when my mojo is lacking. This one was perfect to showcase some fun new stamps I recently picked up at my local Tuesday Morning. To create my card I started by layering some pretty patterned paper from Pink & Main's Spring Flings 6x6 paper pad onto a pretty embossed piece of cardstock that my crafty friend Lisa Elton mailed me. I added a small sliver of basic black cardstock from Stampin' UP to help delineate the patterned paper from the embossed paper. I popped that panel up off of my A2 white card base using some inexpensive fun foam I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I then stamped the sentiment from the Bo Bunny Cup Of Joe stamp set onto some white cardstock. I then stamped the coffee cup from the Close To My Heart Treats Of Friendship Occasions right below the sentiment. I stamped the image again onto some more of the same patterned paper and fussy cut it out and adhered it to the cup. I colored the rest of the image using my Copic markers. I cut the panel down to match the sketch and matted it onto some more of the basic black Stampin' UP cardstock and popped it up off the card using more fun foam. To finish my card off I added some black accents using Nuvo Crystal Drops in ebony. 
For my coffee selection I went old school...just a cup of Seattle's Best 6th Avenue Bistro in dark roast with some hazelnut coffee creamer in my favorite grandma mug! 
Now hop on over to Debra's blog and check out what she did with the challenge and thank you for stopping here today!



4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Plaid + coffee = love.

Debra Davison said...

I must have that stamp set !!!! LOVE your card !!!!Tag, you're it --choose the theme for the next post... But maybe it will have to be Pumpkin Spice !!! LOL

Celeste Goff said...

Deb, I think pumpkin spice would be an awesome theme for next month's collaboration!

Lisa Elton said...

That bright and happy plaid looks fantastic with the embossed doilies! This is super cute Celeste. It's fun to find those hidden treasures at Tuesday Mornings isn't it! I always find the best wrapping paper there!