Sunday, October 4, 2015

Harvest Mouse


Today's card was created for both the STAMPlorations sketch challenge and the Color Throwdown challenge. I started with a vanilla card base and layered on a strip of patterned paper from Best Creations Autumn Splendor 12x12 paper. I added a pretty border using some red wood grain Simple Stories paper and an EK Success punch. I die cut and stamped three of the sweet mice from the My Favorite Things Harvest Mouse collection using Memento rich cocoa ink and then colored them in the color throwdown colors using Copic markers. I cut some squared out of vanilla cardstock and inked the background to look like sky using a sea breeze blue VersaMagic cat's eye ink. I applied it directly to the paper to give it a mottled look and then inked the edges lightly with some antique linen Distress Ink. I glued the mice directly to the squares and cut off any excess that didn't fit and then popped each square up using some Stampin' UP dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment using the same Memento rich cocoa ink and added a few 4mm espresso colored sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I rounded the corners using my We R Memory Keepers corner chomper and called it done. I plan on mass producing this card and sending it out as my Thanksgiving card to friends and family. I hope you like it!



11 comments:

Tracey said...

So sweet.....love the images, really nice card!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card...LOVE it!

Suchi said...

Such a cute card...love the stamps..and great coloring! :)
Suchi xx

Becca Cruger said...

Squeeeee! This has to be one of the cutest Fall designs on the web right now. Love your gorgeous vintage coloring! Thanks so much for linking up to STAMPlorations, too!

Vickie Z said...

Those mice are adorable!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Lisa Elton said...

I just love those little mice and you've highlighted them beautifully here!! Such a sweet card!

Lori said...

Celeste, this is fabulous! Love how you showcased those sweet little mice (I can't believe I just called mice "sweet" . . .). Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so adorable! I love it!

Karen M said...

Your card is so cute and I love your fun design:) xx

SewPaperPaint said...

The SWEETEST card! Love it!

Sari / Granne said...

Aww, so cute, love how the cropped images look like and the coloring is fantastic. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations October challenge, hope to see you back soon.