Monday, July 4, 2016

What's Shakin'?


Today's card was created for the latest Send A Smile 4 Kids challenge. The challenge was to create a clean and simple card without a lot of layers. I'm not exactly noted for my CAS style so this was a tough challenge for me. I really wanted something where the sentiment was as much the star as the focal image. I started with a clean, white card base and die cut the sentiment using cherry cobbler cardstock from Stampin' UP and the lower case alpha dies from MFT. I adhered them onto the lower left corner of my card using Zig 2 way glue. I stamped the monkey from CTM's In The Wild stamp set onto some crumb cake cardstock from Stampin' UP using Gina K's charcoal brown ink. I fussy cut the image and separated the fingers from the hand so I could adhere them to the branch. I adhered the monkey flat to the card and then die cut the branch using an MFT die and chocolate chip cardstock from Stampin' UP and green cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I popped all of the branch elements up off of the card using foam dimensionals and adhered the monkey's fingers directly onto the branch. I hope you like it!


2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute card, Celeste!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is such a cute card -- so much fun for a little one to receive. I was thrilled to see it in today's SAS4Kids Top 3 Gallery! :)