Sunday, February 4, 2018

Warm Thoughts

Today's card was created for the latest Watercooler Wednesday card challenge. I am addicted to Unity Stamp Company's stamps and probably have way more of them then I should. I bought the Planner Gal Stay Cozy stamp set after the holidays and have only inked her up once since. I thought she would be nice to use for this challenge. I stamped the image on some Copic-friendly cardstock and colored her using my alcohol markers. I die cut the image using a pretty stitched and scalloped rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I added some layers on my white card base using patterned papers from the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan 6x6 paper pad and popped my focal panel up off of the card using some inexpensive fun foam. To finish the card off I added some Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to the image and added some black dashed lines around the outer edge of the card and the center strip. I plan on sending this to a crafty friend who is hospitalized right now. I hope you like my card and thank you for visiting my blog today!


6 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a terrific "thinking of you" card for your sick friend. I know she'll love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness and caring. I love the image and will be looking at those Unity stamps a little closer. Great layout and use of the background papers and copics. Thanks so much Celeste for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge this week. Beautiful!

Maria Giselle B. said...

I guess, everyone has a brand preference we end up hoarding. Mine is Lawn Fawn. It is like an addiction! I just have to control myself in purchasing more!...Love the colors you used on your card. Very pretty border die from Gina that you used on your card. And, very pretty rose patterned paper! I hope your friend gets better.-Maria Giselle B.

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Celeste, what a great card you've created to share with your sick friend. That image is so pretty and so beautifully coloured. Love the scalloped stitched die cut and the background paper which you've enhanced with hand-drawn stitching. Well done! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Gail said...

What a wonderful card to cheer up a sick friend. Beautiful colouring with the Copics. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Sybrina K said...

There you go rocking another Unity Angie girl, Celeste! What a sweet card for a friend in need of a pick-me-up.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully colored once again, this is fabulous!