Saturday, March 30, 2019

Life Is A Beautiful Ride

Please Grab Our Badge!
Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog today! It's a dreary rainy day here in southeast Missouri so I'm taking this opportunity to get crafty. My card today was created for the Freshly Made Sketches and The Sisterhood Of Crafters card challenges. To create my card I started by stamping the Unity Stamp Company's Lexi Girl image onto some Copic-friendly white cardstock using my mini-Misti stamping tool and some Memento tuxedo black ink so I could color her using my alcohol markers. I used a piece of patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful 6x6 paper pad for my color inspiration. I cut the colored panel down and adhered it to the card with a strip of that patterned paper to mimic the sketch design. I colored a strip of white cardstock with my alcohol markers to match the patterned paper and adhered it the card to divide the focal panel and the patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment from the same Unity Stamp Company stamp set and cut it down into a small rectangle panel and adhered it to some more cardstock that I colored to match. I also die cut some adorable little butterflies using the Sizzix Beautiful Wings embosslit and more colored cardstock. I popped the sentiment panel up for some added interest and added the butterflies around the card. To finish things off I added some petite clear rhinestones from Recollections to the butterflies and the woman's sweater and then added some shimmer to the flowers using my Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen. I love how this turned out...so spring time and feminine!


6 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love how you colored her, Celeste! Gorgeous color combo and your looser coloring of the image is quite striking- I had to look twice to see if it was water colored. You paired her with such pretty paper. Hopefully all of this rain we are getting will bring on those spring flowers; afraid it is going to bring on flooding first, though.
Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great coloring on your girl! And I love how the image looks paired with that great floral paper. This card really says "spring" to me! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty card and beautifully colored!! Your designer paper is a lovely touch. Thank you for playing in my "Spring" challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Celeste! Great coloring on this fun image and the floral background is PERFECT!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Celebrate Spring’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've colored her Celeste, this is fantastic!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! Love the designs on her outfit! Beautifully done, and great mix and match of patterns!