Sunday, July 29, 2018

Unicorn-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb

Hello, and welcome to the July Coffee and Cards Collaboration with Celeste and Deb! Deb and I were chatting online earlier this month about nothing in particular when she stated she wanted to create a unicorn card. I thought it might be fun if that were our challenge this month and she loved the idea. Who doesn't love unicorns, right? I have a fun little set of stamps from The Greeting Farm that I have used time and time again. I thought I would challenge myself to use the stamp set in a way I've never used it before and a pop-up box card came to mind. I've always liked them and thought they looked fun but haven't brought myself to make one. To create this fun card I had to start by looking up the dimensions on the internet. I chose a fun hot pink cardstock from Hobby Lobby as my card base. I layered fun, coordinating papers from Doodlebug Design Inc's Sugar Shoppe 6x6 paper pad around the outer panels of the box. I then stamped the fun images from the Magical Day and Your Wings stamp sets onto white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them using my alcohol markers. I stamped the balloon onto some coordinating patterned paper from the same paper pad and fussy cut around all of the images. I cut a few strips of clear acetate and adhered the colored images onto the strips and attached them to the interior box panels to create a fun little scene. To finish my card I stamped the sentiment from the Magical Day stamp set onto the same pink cardstock and die cut it out using a stitched edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. 
I will admit that I didn't get my dimensions quite right and the card will only lie flat if folded to one side, but not the other. It also won't fit into an A2 envelope because some of the images stick up above the top flaps. I will have to fix that on my next attempt but I am still pleased with how it turned out. I hope you like it too!
As for my coffee selection I opted for a simple French roast with some hazelnut creamer. I don't usually do creamer but I had some leftover from when a friend came to visit last week so I thought..."what the heck!" 
Now be sure to pop on over to Deb's site and leave a nice comment on her fun creation!

3 comments:

Hetty said...

Totally adorable and love your cuppa!

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly magical and ever so CUTE!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Yay! I want to make one of these types of cards! This is so fun and cute!