Sunday, July 29, 2018

Merry Christmas


Today's card was created for the latest Jingle Belles and Watercooler Wednesday card challenges. To create my card I started by adding some glittery gold washi tape from the American Crafts Make It Happen collection onto some white cardstock. I then cut down a piece of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas 6x6 paper pad and die cut a snowflake out it. I adhered the gold washi tape panel to the back of the patterned paper using my Ranger multi-matte medium glue and then mounted it to a piece of early espresso cardstock from Stampin' UP. I stamped the sentiment from Stampabilities Merry Christmas onto the patterned paper using Gina K Design charcoal brown ink. I then wrapped some gold glittery Lawn Fawn lawn trimmings to the card and tied a bow. I added a simple blue button to the center of the snowflake and popped the entire panel up off of my white card base using some inexpensive fun foam from Hobby Lobby. To finish this glittery, fun card off I added some gold Stickles around some of the printed snowflakes on the patterned paper. I hope you like my card. Be sure to subscribe and leave a comment. I appreciate them all!


5 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

This is beautiful, Celeste! I love the colours you've used. The gorgeous gold snowflake is perfect against your subtly coloured patterned paper. The delicate script of the sentiment hits the perfect note for your lovely creation. The button and gold baker's thread finishes it off nicely. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty CAS Christmas card!!

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely combination of elements ... love that big bold snowflake ... so very glad you shared your inspiration from our Jingle Belles Banner.

lauren bergold said...

what an amazing card, i love how you took so many elements from the banner and combined them to make something gorgeous in your own style! thanks for joining our banner-inspired fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful! Love the use of the negative cut!