Sunday, September 23, 2018

Happy Birthday-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb

Hello, and welcome to another Coffee and Cards with Celeste and Deb! I can't believe it's September already! Unfortunately we are still experiencing summer weather here in Southeast Missouri so not really fall here yet but I'm sure it will be here before we know it. Deb and I decided to create cards this month using washi tape as our focal point. I am ashamed to admit that I have tons of washi tape that I've accumulated over several years that sit in a container in my craft closet completely unused. I simply forget I have it. So, I thought it would be fun to pull it out and use a large portion of it on a card. I love these gorgeous patterns and colors and thought they  complimented each other nicely. It was fairly easy to pull together. I started by layering a piece of soft pink cardstock from Hobby Lobby onto my white A2 card base. I then cut down a thinner panel of white cardstock from Staples and adhered my washi tapes (all from Recollections) at a diagonal onto the panel. Using my mini-Misti I stamped the sentiment from the Verve Stamps Poppy Birthday stamp set directly onto the panel using Versafine onyx black ink. I adhered the panel directly to the center of the card. I then stamped one of the floral images from the Stampin' UP Flower Shop stamp set onto more of the same pink cardstock using Versamark clear ink and heat embossed it using Recollections detail embossing powder in snow white. I then punched the image out using the coordinating punch. To finish this card off I adhered a bit of pink bakers twine to a blue button I had in my stash and adhered it to the card using a glue dot and some foam squares from Hobby Lobby. Love how beautifully it turned out!
As for my coffee choice I opted for a cool salted caramel iced coffee. So very yummy! Now be sure to pop over to Deb's blog and check out her card creation!

4 comments:

Debra Davison said...

Love your card !! Such a pretty layout .. Glad you chose a washi theme •• one of my all time favorite supplies !!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the colors, Celeste! I also have tons of washi tapes. I can't get enough of it especially when they keep coming up with nice designs and colors. Loe the colors of the washi tapes you used!-Maria Giselle B.

Lisa Elton said...

What a great way to use up some of that Washi tape! Love the floral tape and of course all of those polka dots! I need to dig into my neglected jar too LOL!!

World of Michael Trent said...

ok...I admit it too...drawer full of fun and beautiful washi tapes that I JUST HAD TO HAVE....and never know what to do with it...now I do....this is an awesome card. Great idea. Gonna put this to use soon!