Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Happy Birthday



Today's card was created for the latest The Card Concept Challenge. I absolutely love everything about this gorgeous inspiration photo and wanted to create a card using as many of the elements as I could in the photo. To create my card I started by stamping a piece of kraft cardstock using a Heidi Swapp woodgrain background stamp and ColorBox chalk ink in charcoal. I dried the cardstock with my heat tool and then went over the paper with more Colorbox charcoal ink in unicorn to give it a nice whitewashed look. I set that aside and then stamped several of the floral images from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Flower Garden stamp set onto some Copic-friendly cardstock. I colored the flowers to match the photo using my alcohol markers. I then stamped the sentiment from the Winnie & Walter The Big,the  Bold, and the Happy stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink for a nice crisp look. I die cut the panel using a Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle die and popped it up off of the card using some 3M foam tape. I hope you like my card and I thank you for visiting my blog!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Celeste, this is stunning!! Incredible coloring on your flowers. This is such a perfect card for the inspiration photo! BRAVO!!!

Ruth said...

What a beautiful big and bright pink flower. It really does capture well that element from the photograph. Thank you so much for playing along at the Card Concept. Ruth DT xx

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous! Love it to bits! So glad you entered this in the Card Concept Challenge!