Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Dude, You Rock!

Today I'm honored to be guest designing with the great team of ladies at Send A Smile 4 Kids. Thank you for having me this month ladies! The current challenge is to create a card appropriate for a teenager, so I immediately got out my A Creative Journey's I Just Love You stamp set and started playing with it. I have a tendency to always gravitate towards Copic coloring and I wanted to break out of my comfort zone on this one. So, I stamped the image repeatedly onto some kraft cardstock I picked up at Hobby Lobby using Versafine onyx black ink. I colored the images using my Prisma colored pencils and then die cut the panel using a stitched edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I layered some real red cardstock from Stampin' UP onto my white card base, popped the focal panel up off of the card using some inexpensive fun foam from Hobby Lobby, and then added a small strip of the same red cardstock for some visual interest. The sentiments are from the Paper Smooches Slang Gang and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets and the dots below the sentiment are from the same A Creative Journey stamp set. I stamped them using Versafine onyx black ink and then die cut them using an MFT oval die. I punched the tiny red heart using the Stampin' UP build an owl punch and added some fun black stitched lines around the card, the inner strip, and the sentiment panel. I hope you like it and thank you for visiting my blog today!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I DO like it and so will the lucky little dude who gets it! Very cute Celeste, looks great on the kraft cardstock!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Hi There, Congrats on being our Guest Designer at SAS4Kids. Your card is a.beauty. Love the composition and so perfect for the little one.
Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog
Hugs
Berni, DT

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, How wonderful to see your fun card featured in this week's SAS4Kids Challenge post! Woot, woot, for you!!!