Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Unkown Always Passes For The Marvelous

Today's clean and simple card was created for the latest Addicted To CAS card challenge. Those who know me know that I struggle with CAS cards. I love layers and patterned papers and dies so I really have to reign it in to do these cards. But the Unity Stamp Company's Other Side Of Fear stamp set really lends itself to a clean and simple card. The images are so striking and so beautiful that they really don't need much else. So, when I saw this latest challenge I knew I had to break that stamp set out and get it inky. I colored it using my Copic markers and die cut the image down using a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I popped it up off of the card using 3M foam tape and this card was done! I hope you like it! 


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Celeste! How cool is that whale!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Same here. I also struggle with CAS cards.-Maria Giselle B.

Gerrina said...

Looks great how you made a blue line that your eyes want to follow over your card! And a great sentiment!

~amy~ said...

Celeste, this is BEAUTIFUL

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Good evening.
Japan is 11 afternoon on 4th,
Thank you for a wonderful newsletter. Always waiting forward to.
The snow festival of Hokkaido Sapporo is held.
Ryoma.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Such a gorgeous and meaningful CAS card Celeste. Love the image of the whale and how you surrounded it with the blue rather than saturating it in colour. Beautiful.

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous!

maria f. said...

OMG. Total eyecatcher.

Doni High said...

Really caught my eye in the gallery! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

Leslie Miller said...

Celeste, I had a nice scroll-through visit today. This card stopped me in my tracks. CAS is not easy for me, either. You did such a beautiful job. Oh, how I love the whale with its pretty pattern, and your design, the sentiment, the whole feel of it. Absolutely wonderful!

Ellenor said...

Your card is beautiful!
Thank you for playing along with us at Addictet to CAS - Ellenor