Sunday, March 24, 2019

Peaceful & Joyful


My second card today was created for the latest CAS Christmas card challenge. To create my card I started by die cutting the adorable deer from some brown cardstock from Hobby Lobby using the Newton's Nook Splendid Stags die and the wreath from Gina Marie Designs die. I cut the berries and the holly using the same Gina Marie Designs die set and some green and red cardstock from Hobby Lobby. Using some white cardstock from Staples and a Richard Garay sweater embossing folder I created the beautiful textured background. I adhered the embossed background down onto my white A2 card base and then glued the other elements down the center of the card using Tombow Mono liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment using Gina K Designs charcoal brown ink and the Simon Says Stamp mini Christmas stamp set and cut it down into a thin banner strip and adhered it directly to the card panel. I finish my card off I added some red Stickles to the deer's nose and to the berries on the holly. I hope you like my card and thank you for visiting my blog today!

4 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card Celeste. Your dark brown reindeer and wreath really pop against the white textured background. Love the added holly and berries with a bit of red sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Lisa Elton said...

One of my favorite EF! This is s wonderful card. I like the simplicity and the touch of sparkle!

Christine Alexander said...

love that EF background it adds so much texture, the perfect background for reindeer and wreath. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Bonnie said...

I love this embossing folder, Celeste! It makes a cozy textured background for your rustic deer and wreath! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!