Saturday, October 2, 2021

Have A Boo-Tiful Halloween-Send A Smile 4 Kids

 

Hello, happy October! We have finally arrived at my favorite time of the year...Fall!! This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids we are creating holiday/celebration cards. Since Halloween falls in this month I thought it would be fun to create a sweet little Halloween card to send to one my grandmunchkins. To create my card I started by layering some fun Halloween patterned paper from American Crafts Haunted 6x6 paper pad onto some basic black cardstock from Stampin' UP. I used a fun sketch I found on Pinterest. I then stamped the ghost from Darcie's Heart & Home's Bootiful Halloween stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock. I then stamped the small pumpkin from Lawn Fawn's So Thankful stamp set and colored both images using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut them both out leaving a small white border around the image. I then cut down a small rectangle panel using a Gina Marie stitched rectangle die. I then cut down a grass border using a Lawn Fawn border die and some olive green cardstock from my stash. I die cut the tree using a Paper Smooches die and adhered them both to the focal panel. Using a small circle mask I created with a Stampin' UP circle punch and Inkadinkado masking paper I blocked off an area for the moon and then stenciled the clouds in using the MFT mini cloud stencil and Shaded Lilac distress ink from Tim Holtz. I removed the mask and colored the moon in using an alcohol marker. I adhered the ghost and pumpkin down to the focal panel using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. Love how adorably cute this card turned out. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. If you like my card be sure to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all. Now, pop on over to the Send a Smile blog and see what the rest of the team created this month!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little ghost! This is fun, Celeste!

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste! This card is boo-tiful and I love your sweet little ghost. Your grandmunchins are sure to love it, too!!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww, what a marvellously cute ghostie-filled greeting, Celeste. Love it to bits!

Happy countdown to All Hallows' Eve!

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life