Saturday, October 9, 2021

I'm Nuts About You

 



My card today was created for the Freshly Made Sketches card challenge. To create my card I started with a base of Stampin' UP's crumb cake cut to an A2 size. I layered on strips of Stampin' UP's early espresso and Paper Rose's Autumn plaid patterned paper for the diagonal stripes at the bottom. I then die cut a circle using a die from the My Favorite Things stitched circles stax. I stamped the leaves from the Avocado Arts Nuts About You stamp set at the bottom of the circle using Stampin' UP inks in autumn colors. I then stenciled the clouds onto the panel using My Favorite Things mini cloud stencil and Tim Holtz distress ink in faded jeans. I stamped the rake, the squirrel, the acorn, and the stump onto some white Copic-friendly card stock, colored them using my alcohol markers, and fussy cut them. I adhered them directly onto the focal panel using liquid glue and then popped the acorn up using a foam dimensional. For a final touch I added googly eyes to the squirrel and white gel pen for added detail. Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


4 comments:

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Those eyes, how fun! This is super cute, Celeste!

Amy O said...

I love this cute squirrel with his fun, googly eyes! What a great Fall scene! So glad you joined in with the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Such a fabulous card with wonderful colours and fun image. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!