Wednesday, October 27, 2021

It's Pumpkin Spice Season

 


Hello and welcome to my blog! Today's card was created for the latest Global Design Project card challenge. I recently won the Close To My Heart Pumpkin Treats stamp and thin cuts combo during a recent coffee blog hop and I just couldn't wait to use this fun set! So, it seemed fitting to use it for this current challenge. I started by stamping the mug and pumpkin pie onto some Copic-friendly white card stock using Memento tuxedo black ink and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I then layered some gorgeous coffee themed patterned paper from the Echo Park Coffee 6x6 paper pad onto some navy cardstock. I adhered that panel directly onto my white A2 card base. I cut another strip of patterned paper from the same paper pad, matted it onto more navy cardstock and adhered that to the left of the card panel. I die cut an oval from the navy cardstock using a pierced edge oval die from My Favorite Things and then cut a smaller oval from white cardstock using a Spellbinders oval die. I cut another half oval using more of the patterned paper from the paper pad and the Spellbinders die and adhered it to the smaller white oval to create a faux tablecloth for my images. Using a foam blending brush and some distress ink I added a little color to the focal panel. I then stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Pumpkin Spice Sentiments stamp set onto the focal panel using Gina K Designs black ink. I added the oval focal panel directly onto the card. I adhered the mug directly to the panel and popped the pumpkin pie image up off of the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. For a finishing touch I added some white jelly roll highlights to the mug and the pie. You just can't go wrong with this cute stamp set!   


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What cute background paper! This is a delightful card, Celeste!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Your card looks so yummy! I love the colours and patterns!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a sweet, wonderfully pretty card. PS is pretty much my blood type, so it's safe to say I adore this festive greeting.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life