Monday, August 17, 2015

BOO!

Today's card was created for the Anything Goes challenge over at that Paper Smooches blog. I started with a white card base and cut and embossed a piece of basic black cardstock from Stampin' UP using the adorable Spots N Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I cut a few pieces of patterned paper from the American Crafts Haunted 6x6 paper pack and layered them up over the black cardstock. I used the same patterned paper to stamp and fussy cut my little monster from the PS Falling For You stamp set and lined the edges with a tuxedo black Memento dual tipped marker to make it look as if it had been perfectly die cut. I used my Signo white uni-ball marker to fill in the eyes and horns on the monster to add a bit of contrast. I then stamped the bat from the stamp set using some VersaMark sticky ink and heat embossed him on black cardstock using some white detail embossing powder and then fussy cut him out as well. I heat embossed the BOO! sentiment from the My Sentiments Exactly Innies & Outies Halloween stamp set. and trimmed it out to create a small sentiment strip that ran across the entire card. I added a few white dashed lines using my gel marker and added a few orange and black sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to top it all off. Thanks for looking! 


8 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Super-cute ... love that striped monster

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ack! This card is cute! The little monster always makes me smile. I like the fun papers you picked!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So cool and so FUN - LOVE your card!! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS, hugs, Karin

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Nancy Thomas said...

I love halloween cards and yours is just so fun.

Marika said...

Love the colours and very fun Halloween card!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is adorable!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so fun Celeste!