Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hip To Be Square!

I created two cards today for the Paper Players Theme Challenge. The challenge was to create a square card. Now, I will admit that I'm a penny pincher so I don't typically do square cards because the postage is higher to mail square envelopes but I thought it might be fun to create just a few to hand deliver to friends and family. For my first card I used the adorable stamp set Stoked from the new The Cat's Pajamas release. I layered this adorable image up onto some canary yellow and ocean blue cardstock and then stamped my images onto some of the leftover yellow to create both a cute little fishtail banner and a sentiment strip. I topped it off with some die cut buttons and some yellow twine. I love how adorable this little guy is with his lei and his surf shorts! 

For my second card I wanted to something a bit more gender neutral so I started with some red cardstock and embossed a piece of white using the same embossing folder that I used on the first card. I then cut a few pieces of patterned paper from a Doodlebug 6x6 pad and cut them longways down the center to create some pinwheel pieces. I rounded the corners using my We R Memory Keepers corner chomper and then mounted them using foam tape and arranged them onto the cardstock. I added a cute little red star button and some white twine and a few red sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I decided to skip adding a sentiment on the front panel and thought I would save that for the inside of the card. Hope you like them both!


12 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

That bunny is too cute! Great cards for the challenge!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Celeste: Thank you for your sweet comment on my square card. I've seen this little bunny doing all kinds of things lately, from flying airplanes to surfing and everything in between.
I love the texture of your blue panel and the fabulous coloring of this cutie pie.
Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players.
Hugs.
Maria.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Laurie and Maria!

Deepti said...

These are so adorable! I like the patterned paper pinwheel :) so awesome !

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Deepti!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! Your first one is so sweet! And that pinwheel is so fun!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so much Leigh!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are cute in their own right....love the surfin' bunny, what's not to love about him? And the pinwheel card is definitely Pin-worthy! Cute technique! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

I do like them both! Terrific pinwheel and that bunny is one cute little dude! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

Unknown said...

Love that bunny! Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment :)

Marika said...

That dude is so adorable! Love it!

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun! And I'm headed to the beach today too!