Saturday, August 29, 2015

Not Everyone Gets To Be A Princess

Today's card was created for the CTS #138 sketch challenge over at Case This Sketch. I started off with a white card base and layered a piece of Stampin' UP black card stock over it. Then I zendoodled a loose outline around a white piece of 110 lb using my Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker. I stenciled the polka dot background using the Tim Holtz bubble stencil with some Fresh Ink pigment ink in Grapefruit. Then I splattered on some black soot Distress Spray Stain using my acrylic block and a water brush. Love the grungy look it gives. I printed the princess sentiment on my computer in a word document using the Matisse ITC font and printed it out onto some white card stock. I mounted it onto a black border and taped it onto the card. I then inked up Miss Snotty head image and the body from Karin, both from Stampotique, and colored them using Copic markers. I fussy cut the images and mounted them onto the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I finished the card off by adding some a few gemstones from The Paper Studio, some clear Wink of Stella to her dress and bow, and then some black and crystal clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 

5 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, what a cool card, love that sentiment, so funny with the Miss Snotty image!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Diane! I saw that sentiment on a t-shirt the other day and almost embarrassed myself giggling out loud in the store!

TaeEun said...

The sentiment is really cool! Awesome coloring! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!

Celeste Goff said...

You're welcome TaeEun...and likewise!

Rosemary said...

ha! what a fabulous sentiment!! wonderful card... love how you colored up your princess!