Saturday, August 1, 2015

Season's Greetings

My second card today was created for the Merry Monday Christmas card challenge #167 over at the Merry Monday blog. The challenge is to create a Christmas card using the inspiration photo either for a theme, color combo, or sketch. I chose to go with hearts so I broke out my WPlus9 Pretty Patches Christmas set with matching dies. I die cut three trees and hearts using the coordinating dies and then stamped them using some Memento northern pine for for the trees, VersaMagic gingerbread for the trunks, and Gina K cranberry tart for the patchwork hearts. I created my card base using some kraft cardstock I picked up at Hobby Lobby and die a side folding card. I layered on some 110lb white cardstock from Staples and stamped the same tree trunk in Gina K charcoal brown at the top to create a sort of checkerboard effect. I added a piece of beautiful plaid paper from the Carta Bella Warm & Cozy 6x6 paper collection and added a small strip of the same kraft cardstock to ground it all. I glued the hearts to the center of the trees and then popped them up onto Stampin' UP foam dimensionals to really make them pop off of the card. I cut a cute banner from an MFT banner collection and stamped the greeting from the same WPlus9 stamp set in cranberry tart and then popped it up onto foam dimensionals as well.  I rounded the corners using my We R Memory Keepers corner chomper using the 1/8" side for a slightly rounded look. I hope you like it!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

What pretty trees, Celeste! And I love those "quilted" hearts! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love those gingham trees!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

laurie said...

I just LOVE plaid and the way you used it here! The hearts are a sweet such!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is SO pretty -- I LOVE the country feel!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!