Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sending Warm Thoughts


Today's card was created for both the current Color Q and the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenges. It's been a while since I made a card and I was determined to get creative and break out of my funk. I don't know about you guys out there in the crafting blogosphere but I have about had my fill of summer. I'm not a fan of the heat anyway now that I've hit hot flash age but this has been a pretty hot summer so far. So, I wanted something to remind me that fall will be coming soon. I started with some plain white cardstock and inked around the edges using Memento dandelion ink. I cut a piece of cardstock 1/4" smaller and embossed it using a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder and mounted it straight onto my inked panel. I liked the look of the debossed side better some I actually flipped it over and used the "wrong" side. I inked up the Hero Arts Color Layering Fall Trees stamp set using Gina K ink in warm cocoa for the trunk and Memento inks in lilac posies, love letter, tangelo, and dandelion for the leaves. I stamped the hillside under the tree using Rubberneck's French Script background stamp and then inked the memento dandelion ink directly onto the paper. I cut it down using a stitched edge die from Paper Smooches and then adhered it straight onto the paper under the tree. Once adhered I die cut a circle panel using an MFT pierced edge die. I stamped the sentiment from the same Hero Arts stamp set and added ink directly to the paper using the same Memento ink. I lightly inked the edges of the circle panel and the sentiment strip using Tim Holtz distress ink in tea dye and then popped them up off of the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals for some added interest and dimension. I hope you like it!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your tree is beautiful, this is a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Unknown said...

Celeste, I love the bright colors you chose! They go so well together! I think you did a great job with the embossed piece, good idea to flip it over!! Thanks for joining FMS this week!

Linda Callahan said...

That bright fall tree is gorgeous against that textured background! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card! I love that tree! The colours are gorgeous! Love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Michelle said...

Love the crisp embossed background and that beautiful autumn tree! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love your gorgeous tree!