Saturday, July 16, 2016

There's Always Time For Tea

Today's card was created as a thank you for some blog candy I received during the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop from fellow coffee loving cardmaker Danielle Vincent. You can find find her and all of her crafty goodness over at her blog here. Danielle sent me the wonderful new Stampin' UP Nice Cuppa stamp set and I couldn't resist inking it up immediately and sending her a wonderful thank you card for her generous act of kindness! For my card I started by stamping the stacked tea cups onto some white cardstock using Gina K ink in red hot and die cutting them with some fun new Gina Marie Designs dies I just got in this week. Love those wonky stitched lines around the border! I then took my Crop-A-Dile and punched a hole at the top of the mugs and onto the little tea bag tag that I stamped separately and fussy cut out. I attached some inexpensive white rickrack I picked up at Hobby Lobby to both ends to make it look like a tea bag string. I layered some cherry cobbler cardstock from Stampin' UP onto my card base and then a pretty floral piece of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Paper Heart Collection 6x6 paper pad on top. I popped the focal panel up off of the card with some 3M foam tape for added dimension. I hope you like it!  

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Celeste, this is awesome! Love you you added the ric rac!!

Lisa Elton said...

The background paper is perfect with the stack of tea cups! And I like the interest the ric rac adds. Pretty card!!