Monday, July 4, 2016

Flip Flops

My second card today was created for the latest Just Us Girls challenge. This week's challenge is a word challenge and the word is summer. Nothing screams summer more to me than flip flops. So, I broke out my Fresh Squeezed Stamps Beechy Keen stamp set and stamped the flip flops into a rainbow pattern onto my card panel. I colored each of the pairs in rainbow colors using my Copic markers. I went over each one using my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen for some pretty shine and shimmer and added a small clear rhinestone from Recollections to each one. I stamped the sentiment below and added a small flourish from The Cat's Pajama's Simply Stacked Sentiments stamp set and added a small rhinestone to it as well. I adhered a small diagonal striped patterned paper from the Simple Stories Urban Traveler 6x6 paper pad to the bottom and rounded the corners using my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. I just love how pretty this turned out and I hope you like it too!



2 comments:

Ina G said...

Summer certainly is for flip flops as you call it. We call them thongs here in Australia. Great summer card and so colourful. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls and also for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Ina DT

Leigh Penner said...

Very fun!