Saturday, February 4, 2017

Wintertime Wishes


Today's card was created for both the Case This Sketch and Jingle Belles challenges. I am still in the midst of making Christmas cards for next year so love the opportunity to challenge me to make holiday cards and I love this sketch, so I thought I'd combine the two together to create one fun card! I started by die cutting a piece of Canson watercolor paper using a Gina Marie Designs stitched edge rectangle die. Using a smooshing technique and some Tim Holtz spun sugar distress ink I added a nice wash of pink to the background. On a separate piece of watercolor paper I combined Tim Holtz spun sugar, worn lipstick, and picked raspberry distress inks together to create a nice variegated look and then die cut the sheet using some pretty My Favorite Things snowflake dies. I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the snowflakes and adhered them directly onto the die cut panel. Using a small star shape from the Simon Says Stamps Hand Lettered Wishes stamp set and some light grey ink I added a few more "snowflake" details around the card. I then prepped a piece of Stampin' UP's basic black cardstock using my EK Success powder tool and stamped the sentiment from the Power Poppy Cozy Cupfuls stamp set using Versamark ink and some Recollections snow white embossing powder. Once heat set I cut the sentiment panel down and popped it up off of the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I popped the focal panel up off of the card using 3M foam tape for a bit of dimension. I hope you like this fun, non-traditional holiday card!


9 comments:

Leslie said...

Love this! Perfect take of the challenge theme! And thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!

Betty said...

Love your snow flakes in pretty pink :-). Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

very pretty! I love the pink snowflakes!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful card Celeste! I like your frosty pink snowflakes!!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your pretty pink snowflakes! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Carolyn King said...

Love those happy pink snowflakes!! Love how you did the bg too!

SmilynStef said...

Raspberry snow ... how delicious ... thanks for rollin' in the snow with us at jingle belles.

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is gorgeous! Love your interpretation of the sketch... and those soft pink snowflakes. :)

lauren bergold said...

oh how i *LOVE* this card, every single thing is so totally RIGHT: i'm definitely trying the SMOOSH technique with distress inks... how did i never think of that? mega bonus points for the PINK SNOWFLAKES (my favorite!) & for the brilliant take on the sketch! thanks for joining our FLAKY fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3