Friday, August 19, 2022

We're The Perfect Pair

I have an old Army mom friend who has her 45th wedding anniversary coming up next month, and she reached out to me to have me create a fun, unique card that she could give her husband. She told me that he loves squirrels and wanted there to be 7 acorns on the card...two for their children and 5 for their grandchildren. I have had the Darcie's Heart & Home Busy Beaver stamp set for years and knew it would be perfect for this card since it had all of the elements she asked for. I stamped the squirrel twice and then the acorns, tree trunk, mushroom, and flowers all from the same stamp set onto white Copic-friendly paper using Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored all of the images using my alcohol markers, fussy cut each image out, and edged them with my Memento dual tip marker in black. I then layered some pretty fall patterned papers from the American Crafts Autumn Crisp 6x6 paper pad onto my white A2 card base. I die cut a white panel using a stitched edge A2 layering rectangle die from Paper Roses. I die cut another small piece of white paper using a Lawn Fawn grass border die and colored it green using an alcohol marker. I used the bottom of the Paper Roses rectangle die to cut it to match my main focal panel. Using the My Favorite Things mini cloud stencil I created a background of fluffy clouds and then adhered the grassy strip to the bottom. I stamped the fun sentiment from Amy R Stamps Wedding Sentimens II using Versafine onyx black ink and then popped the whole panel up off of the card for some dimension. I added my squirrels, tree trunk, acorns, and other accessories directly onto the panel. I love how adorably sweet this card turned out. Happy Anniversary to Colleen and Marv! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. 

 

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, Celeste!! Your friend had to be thrilled with her card, it's absolutely ADORABLE!!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very cute card. This will make your friend's anniversary extra special.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Don't you just love it when everything comes together for a commission? I'm sure this fabulous card will be appreciated more than words, it's very special for your friend.
Faith x

Chris F said...

Such a cute scene Celeste!