Saturday, August 6, 2022

Hey! Thanks Dude-Send A Smile 4 Kids

 

Hello, happy August! This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids we are creating thank you cards for kids. To create my card I started by stamping the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's All Boy stamp set at an angle on a cardstock panel using various colored inks. I stamped the thanks Dude from the same stamp set and used my Copic markers to color it to match the inks I used to stamp the rest of the card. I stamped the gaming controllers onto a separate piece of white Copic-friendly cardstock, colored them using my alcohol markers, and then fussy cut them out. I adhered them to the panel using my snail adhesive and then die cut the panel using a rectangle stitched die from The Paper Rose. I matted that panel onto some basic black cardstock and then popped the panel up using some 3M foam tape. My camera didn't pick it up on the photo, but I added some Glossy Accents to the buttons on the controllers for some gloss and shine. Thank you for stopping by my blog and be sure to head over to the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog to see how the other design team members were inspired this month. 

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just fabulous, love everything about this card.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute kids card, Celeste! Every time I see the word 'hey', I think of our son. That's what he says when he calls!

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste, What a fun card! I LOVE everything about your sentiment! Everything!!! The "HEY" repetition is wonderful and the colors are fabulous. What a great thank you card to come from a boy's family. Take good care, my friend!