Friday, March 8, 2024

Praying For You

 


I don't have to send very many sympathy cards, but had to this week, unfortunately. I started by doing some light water-coloring onto some Strathmore smooth watercolor paper using Gina K inks in sweet mango and fresh asparagus. I dried the ink and then stamped the tree and sentiment from Stampin' UP's Thoughts & Prayers stamp set onto the panel using versfine onyx black ink and heat setting them with Zing clear embossing powder. I cut the panel down using a stitched stacking rectangle die from Paper Rose, and matted it onto some plain black cardstock. I adhered the panel to my A2 sized card base and added a few black gems in the corners for a finishing touch. I will be submitting this card in this week's Color Throwdown card challenge. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I wish you all a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I'm sorry you needed it,but it's lovely. It's sure to bring some comfort to the recipient.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful sympathy card! This tree carried me down memory lane as I bought this stamp set many years ago and used it many times! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Broni said...

A beautiful way to send your sympathy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown!