Monday, June 29, 2015

Rawr-Mojo Monday challenge

I just have to say that I love having my own blog and I'm not sure why I waited so long to start one. I'm just having too much fun with it! For my second card today I decided to join the challenge over at Mojo Monday and create a tall and skinny card. They give you two sizing options and I decided to go with the small card size, which measures 3.5" by 5.5" and still fits into a standard A2 envelope. For my base I started with some new leaf green cardstock from Papertrey Ink and layered on some adorable dinosaur themed papers from the Basic Grey Archaic 6x6 paper pad. For my focal image I stamped the adorable dinosaur from My Favorite Thing's Little Loveosaurus stamp set and then made a small banner using the "Rawr" sentiment from the same stamp set. I colored the dinosaur using Copic markers E00 for the skin on the boy, and YG11, YG03. YG63, AND E17 for the skin on the dinosaur. I then made small dots all over with my 0 colorless blender. Love the end result. I know it's a busy card but thought the addition of some faux stitched lines in black around all of the patterned paper would really help define them from one another. The inside of the card reads Rawr stands for Happy Birthday! Love how adorably this turned out! 


6 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful blog and I love the cards you have made!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so very much Lois!

Karen said...

This is sooo adorable! I can't believe you colored that dino ~ I thought it was a die-cut! you've got talent and patience :) your card isn't too busy...boys are too busy!

Andrea W said...

Darling dinosaur card! Your coloring looks awesome and I love the patterned papers.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Andrea!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is SOOOOO cute! I just love that little dinosaur. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!