Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hello Sweet Friend

Today's card was designed for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 275. I loved the trio of circles in the provided sketch and decided not to make any changes to it, with one exception: I left a small white border around my background patterned paper. For my papers I chose some cute patterns from the We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring 6x6 paper pad and mounted that on some 110 lb white card stock that I get at Staples.  I stamped the adorable chickadees from the Technique Tuesday Chickadees stamp set in the first two circles and colored them with Copic markers BG000, BG01, BG02, RV000, RV52, RV55, and Y04. Then I stamped the sentiment Hello Sweet Friend in the remaining circle and love the way it turned out! And because I never know when to leave well enough alone I added some black dashed lines all the way around the panels and fish tail banner but I like the nice contrast it gives to the soft pastel colors on the patterned papers. The circles were cut using dies from Spellbinders and Simon Says Stamp and the fish tail banner was cut with a Jillian Vance Designs banner die. Thanks for popping on over to check out my card!

3 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

So cute! I love the two birds. Perfect for a friend card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous! I have this sketch sitting in a tab on my computer, hoping to get something done soon. Love the chicks and the fabulous dp.

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks Holly! Let me know when you link up your card.