Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mountain Plains Crafters Summer Challenge 2015: Nautical or Patriotic


I have created two cards especially for the challenge over at Mountain Plains Crafters. I chose to go patriotic on both of my cards since the Fourth of July is right around the corner and I can send these cards out to friends and family. For my first card I used two holiday stamps from Taylored Expressions and layered the images up with some pretty patterned paper from Authentique's 6x6 Pride collection. I just love this fun and patriotic subway poster image!


For my second card I used the fun fireworks stamps from Lawn Fawn's Happy 4th stamp set and stamped them in red and blue and then added some shimmer by embossing them with some Enchanted Gold embossing powder by Ranger. Love the way it turned out. The cityscape was created using a die from Paper Smooches. 

19 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are just fabulous! Love those fireworks! Congrats on the blog! 😃

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Julee! I'm still new to this blogging thing and I hope I can polish it up and make it look a little nicer in the near future. I appreciate you visiting!

Waving My Wand said...

Well look at you! Way to go Celeste. It looks great and so do your cards!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Terri! I appreciate your support!

VanessaB said...

awesome patriotic cards!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Vanessa!

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Fantastic Fourth of July cards! Love the colors and the fireworks. Thanks for joining us at Mountain Plains Crafters!

Waving My Wand said...

Way to go, Celeste, getting all bloggy! I love your new blog and so lovin' that USA flag image! Nice work! Thanks for joining the MPC Challenge.

Terri Burson ~ MPC Design Team

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Terri! I don't know why I waited so long to do this. It's fun!

SherylK said...

Celeste....ADORABLE and wonderful cards. I'm so glad you played along with us at Mountain Plains Crafters. :)

Anonymous said...

Celeste, I love your creativity! Both cards are perfectly patriotic and I'm sure the recipients will love them. Thanks for participating in our challenge at MPC.

Debra Davison said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Celeste !! Absolutely love your 2 cards !! That scalloped paper on the first one is SWEET !!! And love the glittery fireworks on the second !! Thank you for joining us for the MPC challenge !!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

yay you with two cards! I like the first one but love the second with the sparkly fireworks over the skyline - perfect... I appreciate you playing along with us at Mountain Plains Crafters

MariLynn said...

Celeste, both of your cards are awesome. I especially love the fireworks one. Thanks for playing along with us at MPC.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you MariLynn!

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks Paula!

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks my crafty friend!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Pam!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Sheryl! Love the MPC challenges!