Monday, June 29, 2015

To The Perfect Pair-A Before and After

Okay, this will be my last post today...I promise! I'm just a little blog heady right now. LOL. I wanted to post a before and after, so to speak. I had made a card in a hurry the other day for a friend for her mom and dad's anniversary. She said they like the outdoors and were country folk so I instantly thought of my new C.C. Designs Spring Couple stamp I had picked up on a group destash on Facebook. Here is a pic of the first card I made. Sorry for the lighting...it was pretty overcast that day. 
Now, there really isn't that much wrong with this card but I didn't think it was my best work. I gave the card to her and she took it on her merry way without complaint. But it bugged me that I had given her what I thought was a less than perfect card and felt I could improve on it. So, the next morning I remade the card. Again, I used the C.C. Designs Spring Couple and paper pieced the clothing using patterned papers from the Heidi Grace Sunshowers 6x6 paper pad. Love how they turned out. I even added some shadowing using my warm grey Copic markers before I fussy cut the images out. I used a Fiskars punch to create the clouds, and stamped the kite and tree with the tire swing from the Avocado Arts Perfectly Perfect Day stamp set and the sentiment is from Amy R Stamps Wedding Sentiments II stamp set. On the second card I decided to leave a 1/4" white border all the way around the card and decided not to round the corners as I did on the first one. I then took my Memento tuxedo black dual marker and added some dashed lines around the edge. I think it really makes the images stand out even more. I think I like this second card much better. What do you think? 

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous paper piecing and a darling scene.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Marisa!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh they are both fabulous! Love the paper pieced outfits and the cute scene you created in each one.