Sunday, October 2, 2016

Coffee And Cards With Celeste and Deb-Part 1

Today's card is part of a blog collaboration between my friend Debra Davison of Meticulosity and myself. Debra and I met through a shared love of card making and have been friends for about two years now. She and I are both in the medical field (she is a critical care RN and I'm a phlebotomist and medical assistant) and we both love coffee and crafting! We thought it would be fun to do a month of collaborations every Sunday for the month of October highlighting our love of card making and coffee. Today's card is in honor of Debra because she is a cancer survivor. Debra was diagnosed with thyroid cancer one year ago and, after some grueling radiation therapy, is alive and well today and continues to share her crafty goodness with the blogging world! This card represents the colors of thyroid cancer awareness. I started my card by layering some Stampin' UP basic black cardstock onto a white card base. I then die cut a piece of Canson cold pressed watercolor paper down 1/4" smaller and painted bold swatches of turquoise, purple, and pink using a Simply Art watercolor palette. Once dry I layered on a smaller piece of white cardstock that I'd cut using a Gina Marie Designs wonky stitch die and matted it with the same black cardstock. I popped it up using some 3M foam tape and stamped the sentiment from the A-Muse Studio's Fight Like A Girl stamp set. I then die cut the butterfly using My Favorite Things butterfly die and watercolor paper as the base layer and black cardstock as the top layer.  I added more of the same watercolors to the base layer and dried it using my heat tool. Once dry I attached the two layers together and added some large clear rhinestones from Recollections to both the butterfly and the corners of the focal panel. As for my coffee, I have to say my selection is going to be much more boring than Debra's since I'm pretty much a dark roast black coffee drinker. My selection today is Seattle's Best Rich Dark Roast served in a Pier One mug. I know...pretty boring! LOL. Anyway, please hop on over to Debra's page and show her some love by leaving a comment and/or subscribing to her blog!

10 comments:

Debra Davison said...

So glad we met and very honored that you would create this card for me & ThyCA Awareness !! It means a lot to me.. Absolutely lovely card !!

Arianna Barbara said...

Lovely card!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Celeste! The bling got the butterfly looks so pretty!

Waving My Wand said...

What up chic? I came by to see what kind of trouble you and Deb are brewing up. I see that it's all love, lol. I especially love BCA cards. Nice job!

Waving My Wand said...

Whoopsy, I meant Thyca. I've had BCA on the brain!

Waving My Wand said...

Whoopsy, I meant Thyca. I've had BCA on the brain!

Kathie said...

The Great colors & the bold simplicity of this card make the message resonate. Beautiful statement!
Hip Hip Hooray for collaboration : )
You GO Girls!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is just lovely and so thoughtful.

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Yay Debbie Deb Deb for being one year cancer-free! Fabulous card, Celeste, cant wait to see what else you two cook up this month!