Saturday, June 3, 2023

Happy Birthday

 


Today's card was created for the latest Color Throwdown challenge.To create my card, I started by stamping a few of the adorable cactus images from Pawsome Stamps Prickly Friend stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut them out and set them aside to work on the background. I layered a piece of bright yellow patterned paper from Simple Stories Sunkissed paper pad onto my card base. Using a scalloped edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs I cut a smaller white focal panel. I inked it with a bit of squeezed lemonade and mowed lawn distress ink from Tim Holtz, and then attached my cactus images. I stamped the sentiment from the same Pawsome Stamps set using Gina K Designs black ink. I popped the focal panel up off of the card using 3M foam tape and added a few green gems from Honey Bee Stamps around the images and sentiment for a little additional interest. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!






4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So cute, Celeste! Love the squiggles in the background!

TK said...

Had to pop in and say hi -- say your ADORABLE card in the gallery at CTD

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sooo cute and very lovely. Great use of the colours.

Broni said...

Too cute! Love those little cacti! Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown with us this week!